June 27, 2012 – Certain recent events are necessitating a big change in the focus of my blog. From this point on, for the duration of our EDTECH 597 summer course, I will be focusing on how to successfully publish a book on Kindle. I don’t know much about this process, so this blog will be a documentary of what I learn and of the process itself as I follow it.
Here are a few links to get the whole thing started (and fulfill an EDTECH assignment for this week):
- Kindle Direct Publishing. Amazon’s home page for direct publishing information and forums.
- Pricing Information. Information from Amazon’s KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) about pricing and royalties.
- Formatting Guide. Information from Amazon’s KDP about formatting for Kindle publishing.
- Shira maintains a blog about how to publish with Kindle.
- Caroline Smailes, who maintains BubbleCow.co, also has a page about publishing on Kindle.
- Here is an inspiring success story on About.com regarding Amanda Hocking’s success in Kindle publishing.
- Karen McQuestion has an interesting story about her history with Kindle publishing.
- Here is someone that doesn’t like Kindle publishing. I thought it was interesting to read.
- Self publishing as a springboard into traditional publishing? Here is an interesting comment on The Daily Beast .
More links coming as I find them.